Dinner Theme: Create a Pizza

Friday, August 29, 2008
Time : 8:37 PM

In celebration of John finally perfecting his awesome pizza crust we decided to do a "create a pizza" mixer. Each of us came up with our own creative idea for a pizza, John made the crusts, and we binged. Everything was delicious, as pizza can only be, and we were sufficiently ill by the time we finished almost an entire pizza each. Our spread was as follows:

Mel - Polish Pizza
I created a pizza in honor of one of my favorite places, Poland. The main elements of this pizza were kielbasa, potato, pan-fried beets, and sour cream. Andy said he loved this one. The beets added an interesting sweetness to the overall salty/savory flavor. I would add more beets if I made it again.

Andy - Onion Pesto & Roasted Garlic Pizza
Andy created a very tasty pizza that started with an onion pesto sauce for the base, and included arugula and roasted garlic on top. It was delicious, but with roasted garlic how could it not be?

Rebecca - Salsa Pizza
Rebecca's pizza played off the theme of salsa. It incorporated all of the elements you would assume, and the best part was the cilantro. I was addicted to this one.

John - Creamy Pancetta Pizza
John went way off the deep end and designed a pizza using pancetta and dollops of flavored cream cheese. There were other elements that I can't recall...the flavor was complex, and I'm not really sure how I felt about it. I think with tweaking it could work really well.

Instead of including a recipe, which is completely against the point of pizza, I challenge you to create your OWN original pizza. If you come up with something interesting, let me know!

Labels: , , , , ,


posted at 8:37 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Dinner Theme: Create a Pizza

© 2006 Hotdish & Sushi
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.

Challenge Us

Give us a challenge! Send us a theme that you'd like us to try and we will do our best to cook up a delicious menu. If you'd like us to we'll copy down all the recipes and mail them to you (snail mail or email). Themes can encompass anything: a holiday, place, ingredient, person, idea, emotion - be creative! Email your challenge to hotdishnsushi AT gmail.com

Explore Our Dinners

Pick a Theme!

About hNs

My friends and I have been having theme dinners on and off for over three years now, and I thought I'd start sharing some of our theme menus. We love food and hNs is my way to share this enjoyment with as many other people as possible.


Powered by Blogger

Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Top Sites